Aug 6, 2012

Label Spotlight: Blacky Dress Berlin


This is a label that definitely caught my attention! I only came to know Blacky Dress Berlin from the last Berlin Fashion Week and after seeing the Spring/Summer 2013 collection I’m already a huge fan!


Here are some of my favorite looks from the runway. 


I am especially in love with the mix of metallic and pastels. The maxi pleated pastel skirt in ice blue combined with the golden peplum top is definitely my favorite and is already on my wishlist (alongside several other pieces).

Black& Whites are always a favorite. I love the simple yet edgy jumpsuit. 

Blacky Dress showed the usual straight and clear lines combined with flirty Chiffon, Leathers and Lamé in a broad range of colors that resulted in a collection full of femininity with subtle sex-appeal. 





Another highlight of this collection were the allover prints on jackets, pants and dresses. This one below is clearly my favorite!


Chef designer Kirsten Albers, born and educated in hometown Hamburg, has been head of Design since 1999. Before joining Blacky Dress she was a designer for Burda International, Pringle of Scotland, Elegance and Bernd Berger. 


Albers' stylish sex-appeal signature style earned the label well deserved recognition and hopefully the attention of international fashion buyers. 
This is great because so far I only found Blacky Dress in the breuninger online shop and nowhere near me in Hamburg.
However, if you are in or near Berlin your chances are much higher with two own stores, a few boutiques as well as Kadewe, Galeria Kaufhof and Peek&Cloppenburg selling the brand. 

With growing success the brand will surely expand its distribution channels. Early this year, the first mono store was opened in Moscow and ten more openings are planned for next year. 
Maybe even one in Hamburg?  


Images from the official Mercedez-Benz Fashion Week Berlin website. 


1 comment:

  1. Sehr schöne auswahl der Outfitts, kann gut verstehen, dass Dir das Label so gut gefällt ;)
    love, micky

    ReplyDelete