Aug 7, 2012

Victoria Beckham Launches Prescription Glasses Range


The 38 year old fashion designer is adding an optical line to her fashion empire after two years of launching her sunglasses collection.  Failing to find specs that help her short-sightedness she declared it her mission to create the perfect pair.
 

"I do need to wear glasses - [but] I haven't found glasses that suit me or that I particularly like. I've always been quite self-conscious [about this], so that's why I've decided to do them myself." 

Beckham has teamed up with London luxury Optometrists Cutler and Gross and created a six-piece collection of frames. The collection will feature different frame shapes including heavier-styles such as the unisex "Heavy Square" version that Mr. Beckham is reportedly a fan of, as well as more delicate styles with ultra-light aviators and bolder rectangular shapes. The frames are handcrafted in Italy out of metal and acetate. Each style comes in three color variations and a diamand faceted "V".
The range is expected to hit the stores early 2013 and will retail between €370 and €430. 


About Cutler and Gross

The optometrists created the eyewear label in 1971 and started making their famous handcrafted models in their Knightsbridge store in London. Their reputation grew in the following decades with their unmistakably original frames, bringing prescription glasses into the luxury fashion circles.


I don't wear glasses myself, but here are a few that I would find tempting..
0772 Crystal
1013 Blue on Black
1030 Russian Blue
0772 Grad Black 

1029 Red Turtle/Humble Potato
1029 Cola/ Trans Miele

At this point I must also point to the incredibly stylish sunglasses collection and the unique collaboration with big names like Maison Martin Margiela, Erdem or Alberta Ferretti. Since this post is rather about Victoria Beckham and eyeglasses, I will stop right here and come back to Cutler and Gross in another post dedicated to their wow shades! 

You can buy Cutler and Gross online here. Also available at online stores such as Net-A-Porter and Eyegoodies



Images from www.wwd.com and cutlerandgross.com



No comments:

Post a Comment